Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Fire Fighters visited us!

We had the privilege of having a fire fighter come visit the entire kindergarten today!  Last week, we made a chart that listed the things we already knew about fire fighters and anything we were wondering about.  This morning we used those I wonder statements, and turned them into questions.  This is our list:



Below are a few pictures as the students wrote down the question they wanted to ask the fire fighter.




After that, our class traveled down the hall to Mrs. Black's room to hear the fire fighter speak.  Below is a picture as he first began sharing with us. 



After he was finished sharing with us, he gave us time to ask any questions we had for him.  Below are a few recordings of the wonderful questions we asked.  I wanted you to be able to hear how inquisitive your kindergartener's were because I was very impressed!






We had such a wonderful day and I am so glad that we can share it with you!


3 comments:

  1. We had a great time, too! I love that they asked why he became a fire fighter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very impressed with your students' questions for the firefighter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They really did a great job with their questions! I was very impressed as well!

    ReplyDelete