Thursday, December 18, 2014

All I want for Christmas is...

This week, we have been working really hard to create our Christmas Wish List. However, in kindergarten, we turned their list into a persuasive list article. 

We started the week by studying Mo Willem's pigeon books and created a persuasive pigeon tricks noticing chart. After that, we began our writing!

We started by writing a letter persuading some of the reasons we needed the special item for Christmas.
"Dear Santa, I have been very good because I will play with my brothers."

"Dear Santa, I will play with it and be good at school and be a good boy."

"I will clean up the house this year."

"Dear Santa, I have been real good this year."

"Dear Santa, can I have a four-wheeler? I will help my mom."

"Dear Santa, me and Ellie have been good! Can me and Ellie have a Doc McStuffins house?"

Next, we made our actual wish list.






Lastly, we restated our opinion and explained what we would do with our special item.
"Dear Santa, please can I have a Barbie house?"

"Dear Santa, I want a police motorcycle. I love you!"

"Dear dad, I will play with my Dino robot."

"Dear Santa, I will play with my elf."

"Dear Santa, I will play with the games on Nabi."

"Dear Santa, I will play with it and throw it up."

As you can see, they have been working so hard this week! They will bring these home tomorrow for you to enjoy!

1 comment: