Friday, May 15, 2015

More duckling research!

How do ducks eat?
"Why do ducks shake when they eat?  To make the bites smaller."

"The ducks are shaking.  Why?  I know, so that the bigger pieces turn into smaller pieces so that they can eat."

"Ducks are so cool because they get their food smaller by shaking their head."

"Our ducklings eat by shaking their head so they can make a smaller piece.  So when you throw something on the floor you have to pick it up because we do not want our ducklings to get sick.  I love ducklings!!"

"They shake their body when they eat big pieces!"

"I hope the ducks don't swallow the string."  (There was a string on the floor when we put the ducklings down to play.  We had to get the string away from the duckling so it would not swallow it).

"How do ducklings eat?  They shake when they eat."

"How do ducks eat?  They shake their head."

"Our ducklings eat by shaking.  It is so cool."

"Ducks eat by shaking their head."
"How do ducks eat?  They eat side to side to tear it to pieces for him to swallow.  There are ducks in the brooder."



What is the lifecycle of a duck?

"I learned so much about lifecycles.  First it was in the egg.  Next, it hatched.  Next, it turns to a duckling.  Next, it turns to an adult."

"Can you help me put a lifecycle of a duck in order?  It will be fun."

"Here is a lifecycle.  That is a big thing."



"Ms. Garner got out the baby ducks again.  All of the ducks liked Callie.  I am happy for Callie.  It was fun!  Do you like baby ducks?  Callie was happy for herself.  She was happy.  And they nibbled on my foot.  They liked me too.  It was fun for me and Callie!  It like Austin too.  Austin was happy that a duck got in his hand!"

How does a duck clean itself?
"How does a duck preen itself? I know, it turns its head. It is so cool."

"Did you know that a duck can clean itself and turn it's head?"

"The ducks are cool because they turn their head to groom."

"Our ducks are awesome because they preen themselves.  I like them doing that.  Ducks are cool because they turn their heads."

"Ducks clean themselves by picking with their beaks.  That's how they clean their feathers!"

"Our ducks keep clean by preening. Did you know that they turn their heads to clean their body?  I like to look at them when they clean their body. That is fun!  I love our ducklings! The duckling loves to play with me! I am really really really and really happy!!"

And then I thought I'd share a few more pictures of our 3 ducklings.




No comments:

Post a Comment