Friday, August 29, 2014

Wonder of the Week-Introduction


In our classroom, we will begin having a "Wonder of the Week" question for you and your child to research at home.  The topics will vary greatly, but I will match most of them to our science or social studies unit.  I will introduce the question to the students on Fridays, post it to our blog under the label, "Wonder of the Week," and send the question each Friday in my weekly email.  You and your child will have until the following Thursday to spend time together researching for the answer.  I encourage you to participate by responding to my blog post with any answers or resources that you guys found through research. 



Each Thursday in our classroom, we will take the time to research and discover the answer for ourselves.  We will do this by using the answers and resources that you guys post for us on  the class blog as well as any articles, videos, or experiments which I find.



My hope for this:
-I hope this is a fun way for you and your child to learn about interesting topics together.
-I hope this introduces how to research and its importance to your kindergarteners.
-I hope this expands your child's knowledge to topics that may not be discovered otherwise.
-I hope this sparks even more of an excitement in your child for learning.



Below is the website that sparked this idea and is a great resource:
http://wonderopolis.org/



If you ever have an idea for a "Wonder of the Week," please feel free to share!

1 comment:

  1. Love seeing all the pictures! Looks like a great class!

    ReplyDelete